Politik iFokus

Politik

Etiketter: utrikespolitikideologiskola-utbildningkultur
Läst 51 ggr
Pyttelite
0

En fängslande skola

Läs om berättelsen om skolgången för pojkar i Sudan.

When I meet Ahmed, he is shackled in a room all alone. There are marks on his body from the beatings he has been given. He doesn't know how old he is, but he's probably about 10.

The school I find him in is one of 23 Islamic educational institutions in Sudan, known as khalwas, that I filmed in undercover over a two-year period, starting in early 2018.

I witnessed and filmed many children, some just five years old, being severely beaten, routinely shackled, and imprisoned without food and water by the sheikhs, or religious men, in charge of the schools.

Some of the children who did not appear in our documentary told me they had been raped or experienced other forms of sexual abuse.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-55213710


Man motionerar inte för att bli yngre utan för att bli äldre.


Reporter Fateh Al-Rahman Al-Hamdani writes about his experience of secretly filming inside Sudan's Islamic boarding schools to expose abuse, and reveals why the investigation was so personal to him.
  • Redigerat 2020-12-07 20:11 av Pyttelite